Saturday, April 17, 2010

Integrating Veggies

While fruit juice is totally awesome, I'm aware that it's important to drink mostly vegetable juice, so I've been integrating veggies into my daily juicing routine. One of the veggies I love to eat is beets, and beet juice is extremely yummy, but it's also VERY powerful. It's important to only use a small amount of beet juice in any recipe, and mix it with other items. Here's a nice juice that I made yesterday and really enjoyed!

1 carrot
1 large cucumber
1 celery stalk
about 1/3 of a large beetroot

This made about 1.5 cups of juice, and next time, I think I'll jazz it up a little bit with some mint, or maybe some garlic!

Today I made a juice concoction that was a total guess combination on my part, but I really liked the outcome!

1 Braeburn Apple
2 carrots
1 celery stalk
1 green bell pepper

The bell pepper created more foam than I expected when I juiced it, so I strained the juice before I drank it. Fortunately, the Champion juicer I have came with a beautiful stainless steel strainer for exactly this purpose! After I strained the juice of most of the foam, I was left with about 1.5 cups of juice, which was sweeter than I expected and very nice!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this i really appreciate you for this here is discounted coupons available forHotel management techniques

    ReplyDelete