Friday, April 16, 2010

Welcome and Introduction!

Welcome to my new blog about juicing! I'm Nancy, and I'm so excited about my new juicer that I'm making a blog to share recipes. I hope that others will share their experiences, recipes, and info about juicing here, too!

Let me explain a little about my juicing experience. I grew up with my parents having a Champion Juicer in the 1970s, so I've always been aware of the benefits of juicing. Moreover, when I was in my early 20s, I suffered from a series of terrible sinus infections that made my sense of smell disappear for over two years. After trying countless medical and natural therapies, I started drinking an ounce of fresh wheat grass juice a day, and in less than a week, my sense of smell returned and my body detoxed the infections that had plagued me for years! I was converted.

In the 1990s, I had a juicer, but it was a lower-end model, and it never really extracted enough of the juice, so I got turned off to the experience. Instead, I would get my juice fix from juice bars or pre-made grocery/health food store juices, but frankly, I found that to be too expensive and time-consuming, and it's not as healthy as juicing your own.

As a result, I've been weighing making an investment in a serious juicer for awhile, and I finally did so. After a lot of research and thinking about what I want in a juicer, I invested in a Champion 2000+ Commercial juicer, which I got from a company called Florence Adams for an amazing price and free shipping! This is what my juicer looks like:


(I found this image here.)

I settled on the Champion because I have experience with it, it's not hard to clean, and it makes other things besides juice, such as nut butters, instant sorbets (using frozen fruit), and there is a grain attachment (which is sold separately) so that you can make your own flour and meal. There's one more reason that I bought a Champion, and that is that it's made by a family company based in the Central Valley of California, where I am from, and they've been making it there since the 1950s. I really like the idea of supporting a family-owned business with so much experience that is still operating in a very depressed part of the country. Moreover, they support these juicers for decades, so replacement parts are not an issue.

I've been loving getting to know my juicer, and look forward to blogging about what I make with it here! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this i really appreciate you for this here is discounted coupons available forHotel management techniques

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete