Thursday, April 22, 2010

Juicing for a Smoothie

Today I made a variation on an awesome smoothie that my friend Diana forwarded to me from Martha Stewart, based on smoothie from Dr. Junger (got that? LOL)

Anyway, this smoothie calls for kale, but I hate kale. One time years ago, I juiced some kale, drank it, and immediately got sick from it. Since then, I just can't stand kale! So, here's my modification of the smoothie, which I highly recommend!

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups soy-free almond milk
(I use the Blue Diamond Natural Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened, because the almonds used to make it are grown in my home town and the surrounding area!)
1/2 cup coconut water (O.N.E. makes a good one, but I think it's a little pricey.)
1 handful of spinach leaves, juiced and then added to the smoothie
1/4 avocado
1/2 cup mango chunks (I used frozen today, because that's what I had, and it was fine.)
1/2 cup ice

Blend together until smooth. This makes two servings, so I had one serving for breakfast and another for a snack. It was very creamy, subtle, and delicious!

If you have smoothie recipes you like, please share them!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this i really appreciate you for this here is discounted coupons available forHotel management techniques

    ReplyDelete