Monday, April 19, 2010

Two crazy combos that work!

This morning I made a crazy juice combination that I recommend if you're looking for something sweet and salty at the same time!

1 carrot
3 slices of pineapple (peeled)
1 celery stalk
1 small handful of spinach

This made slightly less than one cup of juice, and it's a little insane but very yummy!

EDIT: Yokoo rec'd on twitter that I add some fresh ginger, and I have to agree! I'll try that next time!

Yesterday I made another somewhat insane combo that I really liked! It was not at all sweet and very yummy!

1/3 large beetroot
2 celery stalks
2 small baby cucumbers, including skins
1 garlic clove
1 green bell pepper

This made about 1.5 cups after I strained it, and the garlic gives a nice touch to it.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Im going to try this one, but may omit the green pepper. Have you tried Kale? Just found a bunch of recipes that use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you saw my post about kale, but I don't like it, because once I juiced it and it made me sick, so I really can't face it now. However, I usually just add spinach instead and it's a great substitute! :)

    ReplyDelete